Wednesday, July 11, 2007

First five steps

Yep, you've heard it here first...Jonas took his first five UNASSISTED steps today. I don't think he had any idea that he did it. I was sitting on the floor in the playroom, talking on the phone to the daddy and he stood up and put one foot in front of the other as I counted, one,two,three,four, FIVE. He then plopped down and played with is blocks. I had a feeling it was coming soon... we'll see if it happens again today, that would be fun.

Today was also our first, sit-outside-and-pluck-grass-and-leaves-and-sticks experience. There is a nice breeze, so I spread out a blanket, took a sippy cup and his favorite toy outside. He loves the wind blowing through his (rather unruly) hair. He knew the leaf came from the tree and kept holding it up, like he wanted to put it back. I think I'm going to break out my Pentax SLR and take some pictures of this child. There is something wonderful about the click of a "real" camera.

That's all for now.

No comments: